Monday, November 16, 2009

1st After the JB Nightmare Anniversary - Ahhhhhhhhh

We had a wonderful day.

On at least three wedding anniversaries, I suspect that JB called Hubbie right at supper time.

The first one I know for sure. 2003. We were in the car at 6:00 on the way to a restaurant. JB calls to ask Hubbie if we are going to be going to her house Thanksgiving. This was at least 15 years into our marriage. In my previous post, I noted that Thanksgiving is almost always at our house... started that way due to his work schedule.

He said that she didn't know it was our anniversary. Yea, right. I was sitting in the car right next to him when he answered. I did not hear our anniversary mentioned.

The following year, we stopped off to visit a friend on the way to dinner. Right at 6pm, his cell phone rang. He silenced it. I later looked at his call stack and the call had been deleted. I am 99% sure it was her. (2004)

2005, I don't know if she tried calling or not. I suspected a possible pre-emptive strike on hubbie's part -- that he may have noticed the pattern.

On our 20th anniversary, we went to Disney. We were looking at the Christmas lights at Disney Studios. At 5:45 PM, I noticed hubbie messing with his cell phone. I am 99% sure it was her calling. (2006) We were busy on vacation, he may have forgotten to make a pre-emptive strike. When we were deciding what to do for our 20th, my main wish: As far away from home as possible. Reason that I didn't tell him: to be away from JB's reach.

No known problems in 2007 and 2008. Possible pre-emptive strike of hubbie contacting her earlier in teh day.

2009 was a wonderful anniversary. No cell phone calls all day!

The ahhhhhhhh part of the day is that it was unplanned. I did not feel like I had to find something to ensure that our time was filled so that JB couldn't make up an emergency that was bigger than our anniversary or just a plain old excuse to bother us.

This was a nice day. The first day of the a great year! Last year wasn't so bad either! I didn't really even think of her until I got online to write this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment