Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Phone Game

I just posted about MIL and/or FIL hanging up on me when I answered the phone.

*NOTE: That post disappeared, but I reposted the story on March 30*

I remember one time about 20 years ago having a strange conversation with a secretary at Hubbie's office. This was before voice mail when the secretary answered the phone and gave you a message slip when you did not answer. Hubbie was not in his office very much. He did have a pager that you could call when he was not in his office due to the nature of his work.

I called hubbie's office one day and the secretary picked up. When she asked if she could take a message, I politely declined and said that I would page him. She answered "why didn't you just hang up on me like you usually do?" I don't remember how I responded, but I found it strange.

Now reflecting back on the ILs hanging up when they called the house and hubbie not answering, can we guess why the secretary was hung up on a lot?

Another thing that happened was when hubbie had the pager, he'd get a lot of calls on the pager that were invalid. I don't remember exactly, I believe that they had a bunch of jibberish instead of a valid phone number. Want to guess who made those calls?

No comments:

Post a Comment