Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally A Little Support from Mom!

My Mom is rarely supportive of my problems dealing with JB. Whenever I would tell her of a problem, she would say something like "well she probably just..... " "I feel sorry for her....." "I'm sure she has it bad...."

I had lunch with Mom and Dad today. They were asking all kinds of questions about what is going to happen to haunted house. Mom admitted that she has never been to JB's house except around the time of my wedding (that would be twice in 1986). I talked to her about the condition of the place. She said several things that indicate that she understands.

First, that with the house in that kind of condition, it is good that hubbie did not spend the money to add the master suite onto the bottom floor that JB was begging for. That it would have been worth the money to get a modular.

I didn't even tell her all of it! I told her about the shower in the kitchen, the plywood insert that replaced the former patio door with a regular door cut out of the plywood, about the funny stairs and the low ceiling, the fixture-less bathroom.

Second, she called it a white elephant after I gave partial description of it, and agreed that it is best that he did not inherit.

We even talked about any possible value to the land. Which now is negligable. Mom thought it might have commercial value. But no, there is some valuable land around there, but it's the land on the highway. She's one lot off of the highway, so it's residential. Dad pointed out that it's also off the end of a runway and next to a train track. Maybe 20 or 30 years from now, it could have some development value, but right now, it's too far off the highway to be valuable commercial, too close to the highway for residential value (notwithstanding the train track and the runway). The land probably is not worth the cost of buldozing the place. They agreed that sitting between commercial property and the runway and the airport is probably not high dollar.

It is less of a feeling of exhaustion to have them agree with me this once. My parents have so often took the other side in JB/FIL issues that it just added to the toll that the whole situation took on me.

(Thank you JB for one thing ... for not burdening my hubbie with that white elephant.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment