Sunday, May 10, 2009

First MIL-free Mother's Day - NOT!

My first "MIL-free" Mother's day was far from MIL-free. This is because I took some thing from JB's house that my Mom and Sister were interested in to them. And my Mom had to keep talking about her and her family. Mom is way too interested in what is going on with getting rid of JB's house, who is going to do what with it, etc. She also wanted to know all about the grandchildren and great-grandchildren and what they are up to.

I guess I should have told her that I don't want to talk about the in-laws, but maybe it got it out of her system for a while.

Lesson learned today: Cut Mom off at the beginning of any conversation that has anything to do with the in-laws. I had made it a forbidden subject in the past because she always took up for them. But, the things that I am telling her now, there is not even another side to them. She is acting like she has shocked and that she is hearing these things for the first time. (I have been with DH for 23 years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment