Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More About Phone Calls

I now think that MIL was playing games with the phone up until she died. I posted about how she would hang up when I answered and later tell hubbie that I had pretended not to hear her. AFter that, I started specifically reported every hangup call I got to him. There was one that was pretty obviously her. After that, she only called him on the cell phone.


I still got the occasional hangup. I finally accepted that now these were the normal hangups of robocallers or rude people with the wrong number. A lot of them were late at night. But MIL has been dead for 4-1/2 months. IN THAT PERIOD OF TIME, I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE HANGUP CALL. So now, I again think that maybe those were her.


I really did not suspect her until after she died. There were several reasons I didn't think it was her before. First, it was only 3 or 4 calls a month -- nothing so excessive it could not have been wrong numbers. Second is that it was so much more like 15 year old behavior than 75 year old behavior -- even if the person had lots of other problems and faults. And third, she only called DH's cell when she wanted to talk to him since the incident of me yelling across the house.

But another reason TO suspect is that these calls is the timing. They happened around 4:30 pm or just before midnight. She was a night owl -- forwarding emails all night long.

I am pretty sure that she knew that hubbie got home around 5:30 and I got home around 4 and that DH goes to bed around 10 and I stay until after the weather on the 11:00 news, or sometimes later. These calls were before he got home and after he went to bed -- times that I would be the one to answer the phone.

It just occurred to me to day that she was checking to see if I was still in his life and hoping I wasn't since I cut her out of mine? The calls were at the times that I would normally be the one to answer and not him.

No comments:

Post a Comment